- Revenue amounted to €28.1 (Q3 2019: 23.0) million for the third quarter of 2020, an increase of 22%, and €70.8 (65.6) million for the period January to September
- Operating profit (EBIT) for the third quarter of 2020 was €6.5 (3.4) million, at a margin of 23.3% (14.9%), and €10.0 (8.6) million for the period January to September, at a margin of 14.2% (13.0%)
- Profit after tax amounted to €5.1 (2.3) million for the third quarter of 2020 and €6.8 (5.8) million for the period January to September
- Earnings per share for the third quarter of 2020 were €0.164 (0.075) and €0.220 (0.193) for the period January to September
- Cash flow from operating and investing activities (excluding working capital movements) amounted to €6.9 (2.6) million for the third quarter of 2020 and €8.2 (4.2) million for the period January to September
- Posted record quarterly performance with revenue up 22% year-on-year and operator turnover rising 62%, driven by the resumption of sports culminating in a busy September calendar
- Expanded partner network through the signing of major US operator Churchill Downs Incorporated and its BetAmerica sports betting brand
- Signed a long-term extension with LeoVegas Group, cementing the partnership and extending the agreement to cover additional brands
- Continued to deliver for partners with 17 launches throughout the quarter, including the online launch of Penn National Gaming’s Barstool Sportsbook in Pennsylvania
“The difference between Q2 and Q3 couldn’t have been starker and underlines the ability of the business to quickly and efficiently respond not only to the lockdown situation, but also ensuring resources were in place for when sports returned. It’s reassuring for our partners to experience the capability and inherent flexibility Kambi has to adapt and thrive under testing conditions and we are confident in our ability to handle any potential future impacts that may arise from the virus. It’s also been reassuring to see that, despite some heightened local restrictions, there’s been no impact on high-level sports.
Momentum gained late in Q2 carried through to Q3, with Kambi posting record quarterly revenue of €28.1m. Operator turnover was also up significantly to an all-time high, rising 62% year-on-year. The gradual return of sports drove greater volumes throughout the period, particularly during September, which produced 43% of the operator turnover for the quarter. This positive trend has continued into the start of Q4.
During the quarter, we were able to complete two important pieces of business. Firstly, we signed a new partner in Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI), a large US multi-state company and operator of the BetAmerica sportsbook brand. We are already live on-property with BetAmerica in two states and will launch online in the near future. CDI has already enjoyed digital success with its TwinSpires horserace wagering business and has the ambition to turn BetAmerica into a similar success story.
Secondly, the extension of our partnership with the LeoVegas Group. The agreement will see Kambi continue to provide our services to the LeoVegas Sport brand and carry on what has been an exciting journey so far. In addition, we will also provide our sportsbook to additional brands within the Group.
It was also another busy quarter in terms of launches, culminating in the much-anticipated launch of Penn National Gaming’s (PNG) proprietary Barstool Sportsbook app in Pennsylvania in mid-September, which has delivered promising early performance numbers. The app, 100% of which was developed in-house by PNG, is just the latest example of what’s possible when using Kambi’s empowering technology.
As we near the end of 2020, the cautious optimism of earlier in the year has been replaced with growing confidence, as we finish the year in great shape. Looking ahead, having successfully come through our toughest challenge, more exciting opportunities await us.”
You are invited to participate in a report presentation at 10.45 (CET) with Kambi Group plc's CEO Kristian Nylén and CFO David Kenyon. The presentation will be held in English via a telephone conference and can also be accessed via an audiocast using the link below.
Questions can be asked on the telephone conference or sent via the audiocast link. Please see details in the link below:
Numbers for participation in the telephone conference:
SE: +46851999383 UK: +443333009271 US: +18332498406
Link to the audiocast: https://tv.streamfabriken.com/kambi-group-q3-2020
Link to report page: https://www.kambi.com/investors/financial-reports-and-presentations/quarterly-reports
Kambi Group plc contacts:
Kristian Nylén, Chief Executive Officer
David Kenyon, Chief Financial Officer
Mia Nordlander, Head of Investor Relations