This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Types of data we collect/process:
- We collect certain information or data about you. The data that we collect will be in the form of:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your name, personal or work related email address if you use the Contact Us function on the Kambi Website or where you call;
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on your IP address and details of which version of web browser you used;
- your contact details where you sign up to our services, which will include your name, address, and company details;
- information on how you use the Kambi Website, using cookies and page tagging techniques which includes information about your Internet Service Provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the Internet Protocol (IP) or MAC address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the Kambi Website that referred you to us, the web pages you request and the date and time of those requests.
How we use your Personal Data:
Once the Personal Data has been collected, it will only be used for the following purposes:
- to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you (where you have consented to receive such communications, or where it is otherwise lawful for us to do so). You are able to opt-out of such communications at any time by writing to us, using the contact information provided below;
- to improve the Kambi Website by monitoring how you use it and to analyse trends in using and accessing our Kambi Website;
- to gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts;
- to respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to;
- to send email alerts to users who request them;
- to allow you to access Kambi services;
- to contact you in order to provide you with information about our other services if you request it; and
- for compliance with our legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations.
Please note that the provision of some of these services will be subject to further terms and conditions, for example where you sign up to receive specific Kambi services.
Our legal basis of Processing:
Processing that is necessary for performance of a contract:This includes such things as administering and managing your account/contract and the provision of services relating to that account/contract;
Processing that is necessary for our own legitimate interestsor those of third parties (including the other Kambi group companies and our Operator clients). These interests are:
- for management and audit of our business operations to ensure that they comply with all applicable laws, and good business practices;
- for market research and analysis, developing statistics in order to assess the effectiveness of our Website and communications in order better use these tools;
- sharing your Personal Data with our service providers, law enforcement, regulatory, and/or other government organisations, such as:
- IT systems, network providers, data storage and backup providers;
- professional services providers (such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, consultants);
- data protection regulators, gambling regulators, other similar organisations;
- for our own direct marketing communications which we send to you about our own products and services; and/or anonymising the Personal Data so that it can be used for research and/or statistical analysis and/or improvements to Kambi operations.
Processing that is necessary to comply with a legal obligation – including:
- processing any data subject rights requests in accordance with data protection laws;
- for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
- for activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of any crime.
Processing that is based on your consent– such as:
When we collect your data at events for our direct marketing communications about products and services available from Kambi so that we can provider further information and marketing to you.
Who we may disclose your Personal Data to:
Kambi will disclose your Personal Data if we have a legal reason to do so, and/or where it is necessary to meet the purposes and lawful basis set out above. Such disclosures will be made to:
- government departments, law enforcement agencies, regulators;
- third parties in the event of a corporate transaction involving the sale of all or part of Kambi;
- third party service providers, such as IT systems, network and back-up and storage providers, marketing agents who manage any marketing campaigns and other similar service providers;
- professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants, auditors and/or consultants.
How long your Personal Data is stored for:
Kambi will only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, specifically to respond to your query, or provide you with the information which you have requested. Where the information is no longer necessary either to respond to your enquiry or for our internal records purposes, we will delete it in accordance with our retention policy and processes.
What choices does Kambi offer you with regard to direct marketing:
Where you have submitted your details on the Kambi Website or at an event, or otherwise provided them to us so that we can provide you with further information about our products and services, we will only use the Personal Data you provide us for those purposes. Such communication will be made using the contact information provided (i.e. if you provide us your telephone number, we will call you, if you provide us your e-mail address, we will e-mail you), unless you have indicated a preferred method of contact, in which case we will follow that method of communication. Where we e-mail you with information about our products and services, we will provide you with a clear way to opt-out of receiving any further communications.
Please note, marketing communications are not the same as “information only”, or “service” communications and so consents are not usually required for us to communicate with you about the services you have enquired about or have signed up to obtain through the Kambi Website, using contact details you have provided for this purpose. As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
What are your rights?
Your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about your Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to restrict Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to have your Personal Data erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- the right to request access to your Personal Data and to obtain information about how we process it;
- the right to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data (“Data Portability”); and
- rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling which has a legal effect, or which causes a significant effect.
Please be aware, that some of the above rights are qualified, so they will not be applicable in all circumstances.
Where you have provided your consent, for example to marketing, you are free at any time to withdraw your consent where that is relied upon as the lawful reason for Processing your Personal Data. To do this please use the contact information provided below to let us know. Please note that if you do withdraw your consent and there is no alternative lawful reason which justifies our Processing of your Personal Data for a particular purpose, it may mean that you cannot receive some marketing communications.
If you have signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time.
Please note that we are unable to comply with individual requests made where we are unable to verify your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Where this is the case we will balance the rights of the request against the potential detriment that could be suffered where information is handed out to the wrong person, which would amount to a Personal Data breach.
Links to other websites
Transfers outside of the EEA
Yes – Kambi may transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) (as it is made up from time to time). In particular, your Personal Data may be transferred to:
- the Philippines;
- the United States;
- the United Kingdom.
In relation to such transfers, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect that transfer, such as contractual obligations being imposed on the recipients of your Personal Data. Those obligations require the recipient to protect your Personal Data to the standard required in the EEA. Safeguards also include requiring the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing and where the framework is the means of protection for the personal information.
Keeping your Personal Data secure:
Kambi is committed to having and maintaining a high level of security in place to protect data, including Personal Data. Kambi has taken, and will continue to take reasonable steps to keep these details secure and free from unauthorised access by use of technology and internal systems which will be updated as new technology becomes available and is appropriate to our systems.
While we take efforts to safeguard your Personal Data which are consistent with relevant data protection laws, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee absolutely the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. Any Personal Data that you send via the Kambi Website to us is sent at your own risk.
In relation to Kambi’s operations within the European Union, you have the right to complain to the local Data Protection regulator applicable to the relevant Kambi Entity which is processing your Personal Data.
Please note: If you are a Player – please ensure that you read our Kambi Player Privacy Notice which will provide information about how Kambi will process your personal information in that context.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
New technologies are emerging on the internet that help us deliver customised visitor experiences, these are often referred to as cookies.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which your browser then stores for future reference purposes (either for just that one time you visit a site, or for longer periods of time). Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages on the Kambi Website, where and when they visited and how long they stayed on the Website.
For information about the Cookies we use on our website, please refer to Privacy Preference Center (banner in lower left corner) at www.kambi.com
Last updated: 12 April 2023