Malta, 14 February 2017
Q4 Report 2016 (unaudited)
- Revenue amounted to €14.3 (14.2) million for the fourth quarter of 2016 and €56.0 (47.7) million for the full year 2016, an increase of 17%
- Operating profit (EBIT) for the fourth quarter of 2016 was €1.8 (3.3) million, with a margin of 13% (23%), and €8.8 (7.4) million for the full year 2016, with a margin of 16% (16%)
- Profit after tax amounted to €1.2 (2.9) million for the fourth quarter of 2016, and €7.5 (6.2) million for the full year 2016
- Earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2016 were €0.042 (0.099), and €0.253 (0.208) for the full year 2016
- Cash flow from operating and investing activities (excluding working capital) amounted to €1.0 (2.8) million for the fourth quarter of 2016, and €4.1 (6.2) million for the full year 2016
- Solid 19% turnover growth by our operators
- Revenue was adversely affected by low margins due to football results in December favouring end users
- Agreement signed with Mexican media group Televisa for online, mobile and retail channels
- Agreement signed with Greentube - Novomatic Interactive for online sports betting across Europe
- 7 of our 13 operators included in eGaming Review's annual Power 50 list, the most comprehensive list of the leading operators in the eGaming industry
"As widely reported across the industry, December produced many events with player-friendly outcomes. For our operators, these resulted in lower than average margins in the quarter, which in turn, together with increases in gaming-related taxes, impacted on Kambi's revenues.
Despite this, I'm very pleased to report that our operators continued to demonstrate the underlying strength of the Kambi Sportsbook and reported solid increases in turnover, even when compared to a strong Q4 2015.
We will continue to invest in our world class Sportsbook offering, to maintain our position as the highest quality service in the market, in an evolving market landscape.
In addition, I'm excited that Kambi has secured its first full contract in Latin America, with the signing of Mexican media giant Televisa, offering our premium Sportsbook across all channels. We are now looking forward to building on this foothold across the region.
We are also delighted to see an immediate impact from our partnership with the Novomatic Group, as we have signed a contract with one of its subsidiaries, Greentube. We will help Greentube expand with Kambi's premium Sportsbook.
We are confident in our strategy of investing in people and technology to create the best Sportsbook on the market." says Kristian Nylén, CEO of Kambi.
You are invited to participate in a report presentation at 10:45 CET with the CEO Kristian Nylén and CFO David Kenyon. The presentation will be held in English via a telephone conference and can also be accessed via an audiocast using the link below. Questions can be asked on the telephone conference or sent via the audiocast link.
SE: +46 8 5664 26 64 UK: +44 20 3008 9811 ES: +34 9 1414 07 82 US: +1 8 558 315 944
Link to the audiocast: https://wonderland.videosync.fi/kambi-group-q4-report-2016
About KambiKambi Group plc is a B2B supplier of managed sports betting services on a proprietary software platform, providing premium turnkey sports betting services to gaming operators. Kambi's product encompasses a broad offering from front end through to odds compiling and risk management. The company's current coverage includes more than 165,000 live betting events and 300,000 pre-match events per year covering 65 different sports from all over the world. Kambi utilises a best of breed security approach, with guiding principles from ISO 27001. Kambi is eCOGRA certified. Kambi Group plc is listed on First North at Nasdaq Stockholm under the symbol "KAMBI". Kambi's Certified Advisor is Redeye AB.
Disclaimer: The information in this report/press release is such that Kambi Group plc is required to disclose under the Swedish Securities Market Act.