Malta, 24 July 2019
Kambi Group plc Q2 Report 2019
- Revenue amounted to €21.6 (17.6) million for the second quarter of 2019, an increase of 23%, and €42.6 (34.0) million for the first half of 2019, an increase of 25%
- Operating profit (EBIT) for the second quarter of 2019 was €2.5 (2.4) million, with a margin of 11.7% (13.8%), and 5.1 (4.4) million, with a margin of 12.1% (12.9%) for the first half of 2019
- Profit after Tax amounted to €1.6 (1.7) million for the second quarter of 2019 and 3.6 (3.2) million for the first half of 2019
- Earnings per share for the second quarter of 2019 were €0.052 (0.055) and €0.117 (0.107) for the first half of 2019
- Cash flow from operating and investing activities (excluding working capital) amounted to €0.4 (1.9) million for the second quarter of 2019 and €1.6 (2.5) million for the first half of 2019
- Solid financial performance with 23% year-on-year revenue growth and 26% operator turnover growth, despite tough comparatives including the 2018 football World Cup
- Signed a new customer in BetWarrior, which will further Kambi’s expansion in Latin America
- Took first legal online sports bet in Pennsylvania with Rush Street Interactive (RSI). Powering the first three online sportsbooks to launch in Pennsylvania
- Took first legal bet in New York State with RSI at Rivers Casino & Resort Sportsbook
“I’m pleased to report Q2 2019 was yet another positive period for Kambi, delivering solid financial growth despite the lighter sporting calendar, and signing new customer agreements to keep up our positive commercial momentum.
Kambi’s Q2 revenue increased 23% year-on-year while operator turnover grew by 26%. Operator trading margin was 8.2%, slightly higher than our expected long-term average. Across the first six months of the year, Kambi revenue was €42.6m, an increase of 25% on H1 2018.
It was during Q2 last year that the US Supreme Court decided to repeal the country’s federal sports betting ban, a judgment I said at the time would create significant business opportunities for Kambi. Looking back over the past 12 months, I’m proud to say we’ve built a robust US-facing business with a fantastic portfolio of partners, and I continue to have great confidence in our future prospects.
The development of the competitive landscape in the US has certainly been dynamic, with operators and suppliers taking a variety of strategic routes. For some, joint ventures or M&A have been the preferred choice, while for our multiple US customers, the decision to partner with Kambi has brought them immediate success, and long may that continue.
As the number of regulated states steadily increases over the coming years, so too will the number of attractive opportunities. The fact Kambi has proven its ability to deliver in the US, coupled with our ongoing US investments in people and products, puts us in a good position to convert the best of these opportunities.
Although much focus is on the US, Kambi continues to explore opportunities globally. In this regard, I am delighted we signed another new customer in Q2, with BetWarrior the latest to join the Kambi network. Although a new operator, BetWarrior is led by an experienced and ambitious management team, one which plans to target countries in Latin America, a region where we’ve seen positive regulatory developments of late.
I’m also pleased that we strengthened our partnerships with National Lottery and the Rank Group. National Lottery has taken the Kambi sportsbook into Moldova, having enjoyed strong growth in its home country of Bulgaria. Meanwhile, Rank will soon add the Kambi Sportsbook to its Spain-facing Enracha brand, and we’ll continue to power its Grosvenor Sports brand in the UK.
This remains an exciting time for Kambi and I look forward to seeing what the second half of the year brings.”
You are invited to participate in a report presentation at 10.45 (CET) with Kambi Group plc's CEO Kristian Nylén and CFO David Kenyon. The presentation will be held in English via a telephone conference and can also be accessed via an audiocast using the link below.
Questions can be asked on the telephone conference or sent via the audiocast link. Please see details in the link below:
Numbers for participation in the telephone conference:
SE: +46856642704 UK: +443333009264 US: +18338230589
No pin required.
Link to the audiocast: https://tv.streamfabriken.com/kambi-group-q2-2019
Kambi is a provider of premium sports betting services to licensed B2C gaming operators. Kambi Group plc is listed on First North at Nasdaq Stockholm. Our services encompass a broad offering from front-end user interface through to odds compiling, customer intelligence and risk management, built on an in-house developed software platform. Kambi’s 20-plus customers include 888 Holdings, ATG, DraftKings, Greenwood Gaming & Entertainment, Kindred Group, LeoVegas, Napoleon Games and Rush Street Interactive. Kambi employs more than 750 staff across offices in Malta (headquarters), Australia, Philippines, Romania, Sweden, the UK, and the United States
Kambi utilises a best of breed security approach, with guiding principles from ISO 27001. Kambi is eCOGRA certified. Kambi Group plc is listed on First North at Nasdaq Stockholm under the symbol "KAMBI". The Company's Certified Advisor is Redeye AB.
+46 (0)8 121 576 90
Disclaimer: The information in this report/press release is such that Kambi Group plc is required to disclose under the EU Directive of Market Abuse Regulation.
The information in this release was sent for publication on Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 07:45 CET by CEO Kristian Nylén.
Kambi Group plc contacts:
Kristian Nylén, Chief Executive Officer
David Kenyon, Chief Financial Officer
Mia Nordlander, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +44 203 617 7270
+44 785 091 0933