Malta, 6 August 2014
Q2 Report 2014 (unaudited)
- Revenue amounted to EUR 9.5 (4.8) million for the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 97% and EUR 17.2 (9.4) million for the first half year 2014, an increase of 84%
- Operating profit (EBIT) for the second quarter of 2014 was EUR 0.8 (-3.5) million, with a margin of 9% (-73%), and EUR 0.7 (-7.4) million for the first half year 2014, with a margin of 4% (-79%)
- Profit after Tax amounted to EUR 0.4 (-3.4) million for the second quarter of 2014 and EUR 0.0 (-7.1) million for the first half year 2014
- Earnings per share for the second quarter of 2014 were EUR 0.015 (-0.169) and EUR 0.002 (-0.354) for the first half year 2014
- Cash flow from operating and investing activities (excluding working capital) amounted to EUR 1.0 (-1.9) million for the second quarter of 2014 and EUR 1.0 (-4.4) million for the first half year 2014
"Kambi benefits from strong World Cup and goes live with 3 new operators in Q2"
"The second quarter of 2014 demonstrates continued growth for Kambi. This is the first report as a listed company and I am very pleased with the strong results and hope to see the positive momentum continue. Revenue was up 97% compared to the same quarter last year and the YTD revenue was up 84% compared to 2013. The World Cup had a significant effect on the result and we saw new records in operator turnover and transactions. I am especially pleased with our fantastic offering and system stability during the World Cup, which gave our customers an excellent opportunity to gain market share.
In the second quarter of 2014 Kambi signed two new operators, 32Red and IveriaBet, both of whom went live before the World Cup. NagaWorld also went live, with Kambi launching its first operations with OTC (Over-The-Counter) terminals. This supports the investments we continue to make in our journey to become the global market leader for the provision of managed sports betting services", says Kristian Nylén, CEO of Kambi.
Significant events during Q2
- Listing in June on the NASDAQ OMX First North stock exchange
- Equity issue and convertible loan strengthened the Balance Sheet
- Signed two new customers, 32Red and Iveriabet
- Launched with three customers: the two above and NagaWorld
- The FIFA World Cup in Brazil, 54 of the 64 matches were played in June
- Ratified as an Associate Member of the European State Lotteries and Toto Association
Events after Q2
From an event perspective, July and August are generally quite slow months with the major football leagues starting in mid to end of August. The World Cup continued to be a strong revenue driver during the first part of July, when the final 10 matches were played. In August, the World Championships in basketball will take place. Our customer 888 will soon launch the Kambi sportsbook in Spain.