Malta, 26 April 2017
Q1 Report 2017 (unaudited)
- Revenue amounted to €14.2 (13.3) million for the first quarter of 2017, an increase of 7%
- Operating profit (EBIT) for the first quarter of 2017 was €1.4 (2.0) million, with a margin of 10% (15%)
- Profit after tax amounted to €1.1 (1.8) million for the first quarter of 2017
- Earnings per share for the first quarter of 2017 were €0.036 (0.059)
- Cash flow from operating and investing activities (excluding working capital) amounted to €0.8 (1.4) million for the first quarter of 2017
- Strong operator turnover growth of 27%
- Continued solid cash flow generation
- Many events with player-friendly outcomes led to a below average trading margin
- Agreement signed with Greentube - a subsidiary of Novomatic - for its online B2C operations across Europe
- Kambi awarded the ISO 27001:2013 certification, demonstrating its commitment to high security standards
"I'm very pleased to see continued success from our operators, as demonstrated by their ongoing rapid growth trend.
The latter part of the quarter resulted in an unusually high number of player-friendly outcomes in the major football leagues, which impacted the trading margin. It is in the nature of the business for the trading margin to fluctuate between quarters depending on the result of sporting events.
The underlying strong performance and momentum within the company is unaffected by these events. This makes me confident in our strategy and business model which creates value for our operators.
As mentioned in the Q4 2016 report, we are delighted to have signed a contract with Greentube in February and look forward to helping expand its online sports betting offering with Kambi's premium Sportsbook across Europe.
We continue to develop our Sportsbook to carry on delivering an exceptional experience for the end users." says Kristian Nylén, CEO of Kambi.
You are invited to participate in a report presentation at 10:45 CET with the CEO Kristian Nylén and CFO David Kenyon. The presentation will be held in English via a telephone conference and can also be accessed via an audiocast using the link below.
Questions can be asked on the telephone conference or sent via the audiocast link. Numbers for participation in the telephone conference:
SE: +46 8 5664 26 64 UK: +44 20 3008 9811 ES: +34 9 1414 07 82 US: +1 8 558 315 944
Link to the audiocast:
Kambi Group plc is a B2B supplier of managed sports betting services on a proprietary software platform, providing premium turnkey sports betting services to gaming operators. Kambi's product encompasses a broad offering from front end through to odds compiling and risk management. The company's current coverage includes more than 165,000 live betting events and 300,000 pre-match events per year covering 65 different sports from all over the world. Kambi utilises a best of breed security approach, with guiding principles from ISO 27001. Kambi is eCOGRA certified. Kambi Group plc is listed on First North at Nasdaq Stockholm under the symbol "KAMBI". Kambi's Certified Advisor is Redeye AB.
Disclaimer: The information in this report/press release is such that Kambi Group plc is required to disclose under the Swedish Securities Market Act.